Tuesday, April 10, 2007

TechTrek: How Far We've Come

Looking back, I guess you could say we really didn't stand a chance. But in this article, I'm going to recap everything TechTrek has come through in the last two years.

Blastoff

"I started this blog because I knew it needed to be started. Not too many blogs exist where the word "game" does not necessarily mean a First-Person Shooter. I knew that there needed to be a place where serious gamers - who believe games should not be mindless shoot-em-ups - could gather."

And so began yet another crappy blog that nobody would ever read, named Gaming Avenue. Dedicated to gaming, I soon ran out of topics to write opinion articles on, as we will see later on.

Enter Ryan Levingston

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank Levingston for his excellent writing so far and encourage him to keep up the good work!"

May 19th, 10 days after my initial request for additional writers, Ryan Von Levingston (also known as "mokatua") joined the team. He proceeded to write incredibly detailed articles and wonderful game reviews.

In Name Only

The next change TechTrek went through was, well, becoming TechTrek. This change cake from a realization that no matter how I tried, I could not keep from running out of gaming topics to write opinions about. I didn't want to just write game reviews. And so, roughly July 2006, I renamed Gaming Avenue to TechTrek, the blog you see today. An old blog with a new purpose.

So Long Mokatua

Shortly thereafter, mokatua stepped down as writer for TechTrek. I've been on my own ever since, but the offer is still open.

2 Years and Still Strong

Now that TechTrek has gone through some major changes, I feel it has gotten on its feet quite well and established itself in the technology news stream. We still hold the same principles and goals as the day we went online, back in the day.

The Future of TechTrek

First of all, I'm not sure how much longer I can keep up the lead role in TechTrek: I am getting older, and getting a college education is my #1 priority. That means I may not have time to be any more than a minor contributor in the future.

That said, our goals have not changed: although we expanded our horizons when we made the move to a mainly technology based blogazine, we still aim to explain and clarify the digital universe, and hopefully change it for the better in the process.

So what do you think? Do you like TechTrek? Do you want it to continue, and get better? If you answered yes, please consider helping out by joining the team and becoming a contributor to TechTrek.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home