Monday, January 01, 2007

Wii Sports: Is This Real?

The other day I had the opportunity to play Wii Sports, the game packaged with Nintendo's new console. I only played Bowling and Baseball, but from what I saw, the Wii's game design strategy is a winner.

What amazed me was how similar the bowling game was to real life. I not only bowled about the same score I would when really bowling, I made the same mistakes I usually make. I mean, not just common errors. I'm talking about mistakes that I make. They are unique to me. For example, I kept accidentally giving the ball spin to the right. That is something I have only seen myself do. And I did that while playing the Wii.

Which got me to thinking, does playing Wii Sports really improve my sports skills? I mean, now, when I go to the bowling alley, will I be better because I worked on my technique while playing the Wii? A weird thought, and yet it seems possible, due to the Wii's innovative control configuration.

How about you? Have you had a similar (or different) experience? Comment below and we'll talk about it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home