Friday, May 27, 2005

Dakkar II

Dakkar II is an excellent game, but I am not sure how much better it is than the original, since I never played the original. However, here are my thoughts on the second installation.

Sounds: 10/10

I really can't think of anything bad about the sounds, and they fit well with the theme of the game.

Graphics: 7/10

The graphics are at a "good enough" standard. They aren't exceptional, but they do the job. I also liked to rain effect on some of the tracks. The models were moderately good as well.

Level design: 7/10

The learning curve was a little steep. I think the tracks got too hard too fast. But that's just me. Other than that, I thought the detail was great. I also liked the variety of types of tracks; you can do normal ones or "checkpoint" tracks (drive all over the map hitting checkpoints). This made it a little more interesting.

Gameplay: 8/10

It was a little hard to steer sometimes, and too often you go shooting off the track and have to reset. I did like the different kinds of damage though, and how pressing and holding the respot button (z on the GameCube) "healed" your car, but you couldn't drive while that happened. Very nice implementation of the "locked" ideas for vehicles. I loved trying to unlock the next truck, car, or motorbike.

Overall: 8/10

A nice game, but definitely not a must-have. I will be looking forward to Dakkar III, but for now MarioKart: Double Dash still has my audience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home